The date of the annual refresher training shall be computed as follows:
- The first refresher training following initial training must be completed within one year (365 days) from the date of initial training. The date of the first refresher training will be known as the refresher date.
- In the event that an individual completes subsequent refresher training between the actual refresher date and 60 days prior to that refresher date, the next annual refresher date will not change. In the event refresher training is completed more than 60 days prior to the refresher date, the date the driver completes the refresher training will become the new annual refresher date.
Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 7412, effective April 21, 2011
(Example: expired May 1 and it’s now May 15)
- They have a 30-day grace period from the expiration date, to get all paperwork completed and turned in.
- They cannot continue to drive during this grace period. They can only drive after the school bus driver’s permit has been reinstated.
- If this timeline is not met (30 days), the driver would have to start over at the initial training stage as if they had never driven a bus before.
Additional Initial classes may be add if necessary - contact Lyle Wind
Pre-registration is required for all classes by completing the pre-registration form online at roe51.org.
Bus employers will be charged for drivers who are a "no show" at classes for which they are registered.
Classes may be cancelled do to insufficient enrollment
Pre-registration is required for all classes by completing the pre-registration form on line. Direct questions to Sue Beal or call (217) 753-6620.
ROE 51 Office: 2201 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62703
From North: Travel South on I-55 take Exit 96B for Illinois 29 toward South Grand Ave. Merge IL-29W toward South Grand Avenue – Turn left onto South Dirksen Parkway travel about 1 mile – ROE #51 is on right
From South: Keep right at the fork to stay on I-55 North, follow signs for I-73East/Chicago/Decatur. Take exit 96B for IL-29W toward South Grand Avenue – Turn left onto South Dirksen Parkway travel about 1 mile – ROE #51 is on right
Ball Chatham Bus Garage
From North: Travel South on 5th Street (5th Street becomes I-55 South), Continue on I-55 South, Take Exit #88.East Lake Drive veer right onto Palm Road, go 1.2 miles turn right on Chatham Road, Go 0.5 miles to 481 Chatham Road, Turn right into the Chatham Intermediate School Parking Lot, Follow the Drive on the West end of the parking lot behind the school to the Bus Garage.
From South: Travel North on I-55, Take Exit #88 East Lake Drive turn left onto Palm Road, go 1.4 miles turn right on Chatham Road, Go 0.5 miles to 481 Chatham Road, Turn right into the Chatham Intermediate School Parking Lot, Follow the Drive on the West end of the parking lot behind the school to the Bus Garage
First Student: 555 South Dirksen Parkway Building #2, Springfield, IL 62702
From North:From I55 South take Exit 98B for Illinois 97 West Clear Lake Ave, Merge onto IL 97 E / East Clear Lake Ave, Turn Left onto South Dirksen Parkway Destination will be on the right.
From South: Enter Springfield on I-55 North. Take Exit 96B to merge onto Illinois 29 North towards South Grand. Turn right onto South Dirksen Parkway. Destination will be on the left.